How to Make Espresso
Want to learn how to make espresso in your home or cafe? Here's a quick guide to help you pull the perfect espresso shot from our lead educator.
What you'll need:
- Fresh roasted Coava coffee
- Espresso machine with portafilter
- Burr grinder
- Knock box
Dialing in Espresso
All of Coava's cafes use the same approach when dialing in a new coffee for espresso:
- Grind: Fine
- The perfect grind size for espresso is fine but not too fine that it becomes powdery.
- Dose: 18.5 - 19.5 grams
- We recommend starting at 19 grams and adjusting from there.
- Brew temp: 200 - 202F
- Extraction time: 24 - 28 seconds
- Yield: 1.5 oz
Start with these initial parameters and make additional adjustments as needed to suit personal taste & preference. Enjoy!